Nursery Project #2: Alphabet Boards

My second nursery project was something I found on Pinterest and wanted to do badly.  It was a little out of my 'realm' of creativity and craftiness, but I gave it a go anyway, with the help of Kevin.  I knew I wanted the alphabet somewhere in the nursery and this little project was perfect (and inexpensive).

The items I used were:
-3 9.5 by 12.5 plywood boards
-alphabet cards
-push pins
-corner tool

First, I located three 9.5 by 12.5 plywood boards.  You wouldn't think this would be too difficult a task, but I was at Home Depot for about 2 hours waiting on a kind young man to cut them for me.  After leaving the store and texting Kevin, he said, "I could have cut them for you."  Now you tell me.  That's okay, it was one less part Kevin had to complete of the project.  When I got them home, Kevin painted them with some leftover blue paint from our living room.  (As a side note, I wish we would have stained them first and then painted so we could have used sandpaper to give the boards a more worn feel.)

I bought an alphabet download from Etsy to use for the alphabet cards.  I love the look of them and they were really easy to cut.  I used a corner rounding tool after I cut them out to make them look polished.  I found them here.  The pushpins I found at Wal-Mart for a few bucks.

The last step was laying out the cards and fastening them to the boards.  This was the easy and fun part!

All in all, it was a pretty forgiving project and not as difficult as I first imagined.  Although it might not have turned out perfect, I think our little guy will enjoy looking at them just the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...