3.29.2013

Peanut Butter Egg Fail

Some of you that have been reading awhile know I have had a Pinterest fail in the past and I am here to report Pinterest Fail #2.  
Kevin loves Reese's peanut butter cups and I found a recipe on Pinterest for chocolate peanut butter eggs.  I decided I wanted needed to make these.  I ran to the store after MOPS and grabbed the needed items, which aren't many (one of the reasons I wanted to try this recipe).  I followed the recipe correctly, but I made my eggs a little large.  Okay, more than a little large, they're huge and they don't look like cute, little eggs.  They look like 'fossilized dinosaur eggs' according to Kevin.  They look a bit ridiculous, but the silver lining is that Kevin and I agree they are better than Reese's peanut butter cups. Kevin says 'they're only better because there's more peanut butter'.  That still counts, right?   
I hope you try this recipe because it's good, but I hope your eggs turn out a bit better than mine.  Instead of 15 eggs there should have been 30-35 smaller eggs.  Mistake #1.  I also didn't find a good way to dip the eggs in the chocolate.  I tried a spoon, two spoons, grilling tongs, and toothpicks...yep, toothpicks.  None of those options worked too well.  The spoon probably worked the best, but still not good.  That's why they look like 'fossilized dinosaur eggs'.  Mistake #2.  If you try this recipe for Easter, let me know how your eggs turn out and how you did it.  At least this Pinterest fail ended with yummy peanut buttery chocolatey goodness.


the aftermath


Peanut Butter Eggs

2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups of peanut butter
4 cups of powdered sugar
1 pound 4 ounces of melting chocolate

1.  Mix the first three ingredients together.  
2.  Shape the eggs into 30-35 eggs.  Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
3.  Melt the chocolate and dip the eggs until covered (with a spoon, spoons, tongs, toothpicks, whatever).  

You can print this recipe here.

fossilized dinosaur eggs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...