3.15.2013

Update

A few posts ago I wrote about my Mommy dilemma with Luke.  His sleeping was a little out of control and I was just a tad bit frustrated...and tired.  Everything looked gloomy about a week ago, but I wanted to let you know that we are coming out of the fog and into a much brighter, happier, more rested time in Luke's little life.  The day after a really, really sleepless night, Kevin and I had a sit-down.  We debated and debated what to do to help our little guy sleep.  I had read wayyy too much about the subject and I needed Kevin to ground me a little and bring me into our reality.  After discussing our possibilities, we decided to continue with an earlier bedtime (7:30), feed 1-2 times at night if needed, and let him 'cry it out' if we knew he wasn't hungry, and, this was the big one, no pacifier at night.  We had a plan.  I can't tell you how much better I felt after talking with Kevin and having a plan.  Okay, now to implement.  

Night 1-3: Luke went down around 7:30.  He woke up at 4:30, I fed him and he slept until 7.  Minimal crying.
Night 4-10: Luke went down around 7:30.  He woke up between 6:30-7:30.  NO NIGHT FEEDINGS AND NO CRYING!!

Now, it seems that our plan worked.  I would like to pat Kevin and I on the back and say 'good job, we figured it out'.  But, I know it's not quite that simple.  You see, we had both been praying hard, really hard, for some sleep and guidance.  Our journey group was praying for us, as well as our families.  God heard all of us and He helped Kevin and I make the right decisions for Luke.  God is good...all the time! 
Now that you know our good news, I wanted to also share the tentative schedules Luke followed at 2-3 months and how it has changed.  I'm pretty sure I should have changed it a long time ago.  

2-3 month schedule
Wake between 6:45-7:30 a.m.
Feeding
Playtime
Nap around 8:30-11:15
Feeding 
Playtime
Nap around 12:30-3:30
Feeding
Playtime
Nap around 5:00-7:30
Feeding
Playtime
Bedtime routine and bed around 9:00-9:15
Feeding anywhere from 1:00 to 4:00
Crying anywhere from 3:30 to 6:30 after being fed, pacifier replaced 3-10 times

4 month schedule
Wake between 6:30-7:30 a.m.
Feeding 
Playtime
Nap around 9:00-10:45
Feeding
Playtime
Nap around 12:30-2:30
Feeding
Playtime
Nap around 4:45-5:30
Feeding
Playtime
Bedtime routine and bed around 7:30

I don't know if Luke will continue to sleep through the night all the time or not.  I would really love to think so, but time will tell.  I do know that God answered our prayers in His time.  I think He was trying to teach me a little patience.  And as the fog lifts and the sun shines, I think He succeeded. 


i know a sleeping picture would be appropriate for this post, but that is not happening

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...