4.22.2017

Sunny Saturday

The rain could possibly be gone for awhile.  After a week of gloomy days, storms, and mud up to our knees, I am crossing my fingers and hoping for some sunny skies and warm days.  This week was one of slowing down and regrouping. We spent some time at the library with a good friend, had a few dinners with family, played at one of our friends' house down the road, and then stayed put and entertained ourselves in the mud the rest of the week. 

If you live in the midwest, you love this time of year.  The trees are in bloom and green is popping up all over the place.  It's pretty wherever you look and there is a sense of wonder and anticipation in the air.

Today I'm sharing a few favorite things that made my week a bit sunnier.



First up is this book At Home in the World by Tsh Oxenredier.  I have been anxious to get my hands on this book for a month now and my pre-ordered copy came in the mail on Tuesday.  It is a lovely compilation of Tsh's travels with her family, including her three young children.  It is a page turner and one of those books I absolutely don't want to end.  

As I mentioned, spring has definitely arrived on the Trail.  We have beautiful purple blossoms on many of our trees and hostas, daffodils, lilac, tulips, and iris sprouting up as if to show off all the colors of the rainbow.  The outside has been making its way inside by way of adventures and I have been plucking some branches every now and again to beautify our living space for 0 dollars. 


On Easter Sunday, our church, along with many others in Omaha, Nebraska, launched a campaign about love.  Love Can is a movement meant to draw others together through love.  Over 30,000 people have committed to do 35 acts of love for 35 consecutive days, totaling over a million random acts of love or kindness.  This incredible active push to make our city come together in Christ is going to do big things for the kingdom.  I would love it if you are a local to join me in performing acts of love for the next 30 days!  And if you aren't a local, you can join in on the fun as well.  Some ideas I have been brainstorming: send a note of encouragement to someone I haven't spoken to in awhile, push someone's cart back to the store in the parking lot, leave a batch of cookies for the mail man, give a small gift to Luke's teacher, do one of Kevin's 'chores'  without prompting, open the door for someone.  Just think if we all looked for things to do for others everyday.  How different our world we be!  I would love to hear any ideas you have for random acts of love!

Not only do I love Tsh Oxenredier's book, but I devour her podcast, The Simple Show, every week.  She has three co-hosts and they discuss travel, books, and life at home.  I look forward to listening every week and I'm sure you will, too.  Tune in and give it a try.

I hope you have a great weekend wherever you may be today.  I have a feeling we will be outside all. day. long.  Have a Sunny Saturday, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...