5.14.2016

Pretty Kitchen Things

Everyone says the kitchen is the 'heart of the home' and that couldn't be more true for my family. When we moved into our home four and a half years ago, we did a big remodel to make our main living spaces more open and accessible to each other.  This included taking down walls and making our living room, kitchen, and dining room one big space.  We live in my husband's childhood home and I can honestly say that our home works splendidly for us at this point in our lives. Since we spend most of our time in our kitchen/living room/dining room, I love to change it up and keep things fresh and beautiful in this space.  

I am a bit of a simple girl when it comes to decorating (I like clean surfaces and minimal clutter), but I like pretty things as much as the next Fixer Upper binge watcher. Today I want to share with you some of my favorite things I'm loving right now to make my kitchen a little more beautiful.


This Nate Berkus rug from target is spot on.  It goes with my color scheme and the coraly-pink adds a pop of color I needed in our somewhat monochromatic kitchen.  It feels good on my toes and looks pretty by the sink.

If you have been following along for awhile, you know I love Mrs. Meyers products.  This limited edition peony hand soap is just lovely.  My peonies are not quite blooming, yet, but this soap has me super anxious for those pink and white blooms.  


Nebraska friends have you heard of Wax Buffalo?  I found them on Instagram and at the Omaha Baby Bazaar a few weeks back.  We picked up this amazing blood orange scented candle and it is absolute perfection.  Kevin said yes after one sniff.  These are hand poured soy candles and are made in Lincoln, Nebraska. Supporting local-ish shops and entrepreneurs is my favorite.

This spoon is absolutely beautiful.  I wish I could post a link where you can pick one up, but it's one of a kind people.  My super talented sister-in-law, Hillary, gifted this to me for my birthday.  Get this...she wood burned this beauty herself.  She actually made me three and they are tucked nicely into a jar on my counter.  I found something similar at Open Sky you can check out.  


I am a fresh flower lover.  When fresh flowers adorn my counter, I feel happier and the world seems a bit brighter.  It's a small thing, but makes a big difference in my attitude and perspective. These iris are blooming in just about every garden bed around our house right now and I can't help but clip a few each time I'm outside.  I know some gardeners are purists and love viewing flowers from their 'natural habitat' in the ground, but I am a firm believer of spreading around the beauty.  So, any flower you see outside my house, you will probably see inside as well.  A bonus...iris make my home smell like heaven.

I hope it is sunny where you are today and you have a fun weekend planned with the ones you love.  

Have a Sunny Saturday all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...