5.07.2016

My Mommy Things

For those of you who have been changing diapers, waking up every two hours with a newborn, or have had soccer practice every night since what seems like December, this is your reminder it's Mother's Day weekend!  That means it's time to celebrate the mother in your life and if you're the one up every two hours all night long...it's time to demand a nap, a long one.

Today on this Sunny Saturday I am sharing some of my favorite things just for me.  All of these things make me feel special or beautiful or give me all the good feels.  



I tried not to eat candy for a long time.  I have shared before that my hubby doesn't eat 'sweets', so as much as I love to bake, it doesn't happen very often.  Sooooo, having the sweet tooth that I do, not having baked goods in the house and not having candy was too much for this sugar loving momma.  A few weeks back I decided I was going to pick up some candy at Trader Joe's because everything there is healthy.  #amiright  Anyways, these dark chocolate peanut butter cups are little pieces of heaven.  And I can literally talk myself into them being healthy because A. there is peanut butter (protein) and B. there is dark chocolate (didn't someone somewhere say that was healthy?). 

My second mommy thing I am loving right now is this Rodan and Field's eye cream.  No, I am not a consultant and no I'm not selling you anything.  I just like the stuff.  I actually love all the Rodan and Fields products I have tried.  This eye cream is perfection though.  I feel like all other eye creams cost everything and do nothing.  This creamy white stuff makes me look more awake and seriously minimizes the fine lines around my eyes.  Even though I am trying to embrace the wrinkles I acquire from smiling at my babes, it's nice to not look five years older than I am and this cream does the job.

Handwritten notes are one of my very favorite things.  I love sending them to friends and love receiving them.  Who doesn't love to get snail mail?  My friend, Nicole, paints these beautiful cards as well as custom canvases.  She is super talented and I love each and every piece she creates.  She has made a few sets of these for me and I have never been disappointed.  Not only is she talented, but she is one of the sweetest, generous people you will meet.  Her little shop is called Natural Joy Boutique and if you're looking for gorgeous cards or canvases, definitely check her out.

If you're a mom with littles, this next one is for you.  I love cute painted nails, but who has time for them to dry with a toddler (aka a tornado) to love on all day long?  I have been using this Sally Hansen Insta-Dry nail polish since my sister-in-law, Hillary, gifted me some for Christmas after Luke was born.  It really truly dries fast and I don't get frustrated when Luke steps on my five-minute-dry-nails.

I am truly obsessed with my last mommy thing.  Last week when I did some driving in the car sans kids, I decided to try out a podcast.  I had never ventured into that world before, but one podcast and I was hooked.  I found Jamie Ivey's podcasts and I can't wait to jump in the car or mow my lawn so I can listen.  Her show is called Happy Hour and she has one guest she meets with for an hour and talks about life.  It's like having a cup of coffee or glass of wine with a girlfriend, except you can tune in whenever you want...when you workout or driving somewhere or making dinner.  The topics are oh so real, encouraging, and hilarious.  If you haven't heard of her show, please please go find her.  You will love it!

I hope your Mother's Day weekend is filled with long naps and peanut butter cups...sprinkled with a good podcast and a handwritten note from someone special.  


Have a Sunny Saturday, all!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...