5.22.2013

Peanut Butter Cookies



Four ingredients.  That's it.  These classic peanut butter cookies (fork marks included) pack loads of peanut butter flavor with just four ingredients you probably have on hand right now.  I found these over at pbs kids and a fun little fact...they're gluten-free!  For those of you that don't know what gluten is...it's a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, and triticale.  Didn't know that?  Me either.  

I actually made these last night because my good friend, Kara, and her daughter, Amelia, came over for pizza.  I've mentioned before that we don't have pizza delivery out here on the Trail, so it was not delivery, it was DiGiorno.  I felt terrible because I promised a cheese stuffed DiGiorno pizza (have you ever had them??? you need to!) and it actually wasn't.  Fail.  

But, the cookies turned out yummy, even though I thought they might have been a tad bit too peanut buttery.  I didn't think I would ever say that, but I said it.  Adding some chocolate would have made them perfect.  Let me know if you try and what you think!

Peanut Butter Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup sugar
1 cup peanut butter
1 egg beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions
1.  Preheat oven to 350 and line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.  
2.  Beat all ingredients together.
3.  Drop dough on parchment paper and mark with forks (makes 12-15 cookies).
4.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  Let cool on pan and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...