5.08.2013

Oatmeal+chocolate+peanut butter=YUM!


Have you ever baked while holding a baby?  Today, I was lucky enough to experience that Mommy right of passage.  Luke woke up earlier than normal this morning and let's just say he wasn't all smiles and giggles.  So, instead of making my peanut butter recipe while he was still happily snoozing in his crib, I made them with one hand with Luke in my arms.  I am amazed daily at the things I am able to do with only one usable hand.  Typing, baking, getting laundry out of the dryer (this is a slow process), washing my hands (one hand at a time of course), etc.  Anyways...on to the peanut butter!

The name for these bars is wayy too long...Deep dish oatmeal peanut butter chocolate cookie bars.  Yep, that's 8 words for one name.  Slightly ridiculous.  The name doesn't matter because these bars are goooood.  Really really good.  I wish I would have only made half a batch because I'm going to eat them all good. 

I found a deep dish oatmeal chocolate cookie bar recipe over at megan and claudy and just tweaked it a little to add some peanut butter goodness.  

These bars would be perfect (and naughty) for breakfast with a cup of coffee.  YUM!

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookie Bars

Ingredients
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup peanut butter
2 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup milk
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups quick oats

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1.  Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar in mixer.  Add eggs, vanilla and milk.
2.  Slowly add dry ingredients.
3.  Spread 3/4 batter onto a 9x13 greased pan. 
4.  Melt condensed milk, 1/3 cup butter, 1 tsp. vanilla, and chips in saucepan.  
5.  Pour chocolate mixture into pan.
6.  Scoop and flatten rest of cookie batter on top of chocolate mixture.  (I took a scoop full of batter, flattened it, and then put it on top of the chocolate layer.  I repeated this until the top was covered.)
7.  Cover and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.  Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.
8.  Let cool completely before cutting.  Pop in the refrigerator if you don't want to wait too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...