5.12.2013

Photos of the Day: My 1st Mother's Day

Whew!  I am cuddled on the couch under a blanket, windows open, feet up, and ready to lounge the night away.  


I. am. so. blessed.

Today was one of those days you want to last forever.  Kevin made my first Mother's Day one that I will never forget.  He didn't take me to lunch or buy me a really expensive gift or get me a big bouquet of flowers, but he did make me feel like one special Mommy.

The day started with a special cup of coffee and biscotti in my brand new coffee mug from Shutterfly.  It was loaded with pictures of Luke's 6 month photo shoot, which I love.  We headed to church and got a family picture taken by a professional photographer the church hired for the day.  Sooo nice.  After we got home, Kevin had lunch prepared for his Mom, Dad, and I.  He whipped up a salmon quiche along with a platter full of meats and cheeses, and of course, yummy champagne.  It was warm enough to sit outside and we sat on the patio in our backyard for hours.  We chatted and chatted away and enjoyed the sunshiny afternoon.  Like I said, I didn't want it to end.  As Luke's bedtime approached, we sat on the carpet with him as he jabbered away and I thought...wow, how did I get here?  How did I get to marry the man of my dreams?  How did Kevin and I get this happy little baby?  How do I deserve this?  

I guess I shouldn't question the man upstairs if life is going this good...

God has given me this amazing life and I am so grateful for today and everyday He gives me with this family of mine.  


God is so good.



happy mother's day, diane!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...